In 2016 the prices of residential solar systems were plummeting. Systems cost about $4.93 a watt in the first quarter of 2016, down 16 percent from a year earlier. That was sparked by the 18 percent slump in prices for solar panels and related hardware in the same period.
A 3-kilowatt system, enough to power a typical mid-size home, cost less than $15,000. In many states the HERO program can make that cost nearly disappear. Incentives are at their highest rate in history – as an example, in St. Louis, a homeowner can be reimbursed $2.00 a watt! Nearly half of the cost.
What to expect from Solar Panels
All modules should be tested 100% using electroluminescence during the production process and should be guaranteed free from micro cracks. Modules should by highly efficient, reliable and provide optimal output. The panels should be manufactured in compliance with global standards including MNRE, IEC 61215, 61739-1, 61730-2, 61701, UL 1703, ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 14001:2008 & 18001:2007.
Module efficiency includes the ability to offer the best performance even in diffused light conditions. Look for the best sunlight conversion available.
Mounting locations include: Residential and commercial rooftops, car ports, farms, balconies, awnings, street lights, fences and canopies.
Look for 25 years performance warranty.
- Output Power 280w – 300w
- Operating Voltage 36.58 – 37.58
- Operating Current 7.66 – 7.98
- Open Circuit Voltage 43.92 – 44.64
- Short Circuit Current 8.15 – 8.45
- Temperature Range (-40C~+85C)
- Humidity up to 85%RH
- Static Load 2400 Pascal
- Size about 40 inches by 80 inches by under 2 inches thick.
- Maximum system voltage: 1000V
- Weight: Under 50 pounds.
- Junction box: Protection Class IP65 with bypass diodes
- Solar cables 900mm length with 4.0mm2 double insulated
- Cell arrangement: Typically 72 (6×12)
- Front Cover: Approx. 3 mm tempered glass
- Back Cover: composite sheet
- Frame: Silver matte finished anodized frame
- Product guarantee should be 10 years from purchase
- Output guaranteed for 25 years.
Guarantee for Solar Panels
Look for a guarantee that for 10 years from the date of shipment the Solar PV modules are free from all defects in materials and workmanship. Any module with such defect should be replaced free of charge within the guarantee period. The rated power output of the modules should be guaranteed for a period of 25 years from the shipment date. This guarantee affirms that the output will be at at least 90% of the rated power output during the first 10 years and 80% of the rated power output in the next 15 years. You want to have the option to get the module repaired or replaced to bring the aggregate power output to the warranted percentage of specified rated power out.
For more information call Kurt at 951 296 3611 OR WRITE SOLAR@INVISCO.COM